Have you ever been on the road, wanting to keep up with your fitness routine only to find a less than adequately equipped hotel gym with barely enough space to fit a hobbit?
Here are a few strategies that will help you get a good workout in no matter where you go.
- Do treadmill sprints: Almost all hotel gyms will have a treadmill no matter how small they are. It is also a great time saver for you to get in a quick sprint workout that will wipe you out. Here is how:
- Have a hotel room routine ready: If the hotel doesn’t have a Gyms in Richmond BC, have a bodyweight routine that will hit the major muscle of the body AND doesn’t annoy the other hotel guests. Here is a good one.
Well, we all know how it goes. Despite our best intentions, when it comes time to actually put in a workout during your travels, we simply decide to brush it off.
Here is an analogy I like that I heard from Ramit Sethi. When you go out on a first date with a girl, whether or not she is gonna kiss you at the end of the date has already been decided within the first 5 minutes of the date. The other 2 hours of the date is inconsequential.
Same goes for working out. Whether you are going to wake up earlier in the morning, head to the hotel gym to do your treadmill sprints was already decided that night before you go to bed. That is why so many of us keep on hitting the snooze button when it comes time to wake up.
Our mind requires mental triggers to turn a concept, a thought, into actionable reality. So here is what you need to do to trigger your mind to commit to actually following through with your early morning treadmill sprints.
And this is simple.
- Dress in your running attire when going to bed the night before.
- Place your alarm all the way across the room so that you have to get out of bed to turn it off.
- Put your running shoes in between the bed and the alarm.
There you go, now you have greatly increased your chance of following through with your plans and benefit from the treadmill sprints!
Want more awesome tips and videos like these? Make sure to follow up on Facebook!
Need weight loss or fitness help and live in the Richmond area? Give us a call at 604-276-2844 and find out how our fitness professional can help you achieve your goal.
Live in the Surrey or Langley area? Check out our Crux Fitness Richmond location.